Here at clickmarlow.co.uk we can help your business in a variety of ways.
We can help out at busy times, we can undertake some of the more routine jobs leaving your staff to be more creative and more productive. You may not have an IT department so you may wish to engage us for a few hours per month and we will keep your systems in peak condition.
Remember, at clickMarlow.co.uk we are truly independent - we have no affiliations to software manufacturers or hardware suppliers. We will give you sound advice to help you grow your business based on sound practices and procedures used in major blue chip companies.
- PC/Laptop Setup
- Laptop refurbishment
- Data Backup & Recovery
- Network configuration
- Resource sharing
- Email configuration
- Website design for both Internet and Intranet (incorporating content management)
- Mobile web sites
- Extranet (sharing data with clients)
- Wiki collaboration tools
- SOHO - Small office, home office setup and support for staff at home
Small Office Home Office (SOHO)
Working from home for individuals in Marlow is becoming more and more popular and we can help you setup for any kind of service or circumstance.
We can help you by giving you full word-processing facilities plus email and printing. You may need an invoicing system and we can configure for you in an online service. We will also maintain your Internet & Wifi connections securing those vital links with your head office and clients.
- Choose either a laptop or a PC but if the former then consider purchasing a keyboard and monitor - it's far easier reading from a large monitor and helps with your posture during long sessions.
- Consider using a NAS (Network Attached Storage) for data storage and backup. You will find that some of these devices come with pre-installed software such as DDNS allowing you to connect to your NAS from anywhere on the internet, Web Server, CRM and many other open-source applications.
- Install broadband. So many companies offer a fibre optic to the cabinet (FTTC) which give upwards of 10Mb/s which is a great improvement on the old copper line. If you have cable then go for cable as it offers far superior transfer rates.
- Make sure your mobile phone and landline handset are close to hand.
- Ensure you are on a low tariff to make lots of calls.
- Setup an online email service such as Gmail. This allows you access to your email anywhere in the world and on any device and is so simple to configure. Use this in conjunction with Google Calendar and you have a powerful shareable appointments tracking system.
- Buy a cheap monochrome laser printer for your paper invoices. Use 90gsm paper for that extra bit of quality.
Last updated by System Admin on 15th April, 2018