Watford Borough Council has reopened several playgrounds and outdoor gyms after Covid-19 government measures were eased.
The council has been working with its parter Veolia to reopen its playgrounds safely after play spaces were closed for months due to the pandemic.
In total, 72 outdoor facilities in Watford are maintained and some will remain closed for now because it is not yet safe to reopen some areas.
But a host of playgrounds did open over the weekend but the mayor of Watford is urging people to act responsibly.
Harwoods Rec Ground, pictured, has reopened
How you can keep safe if visiting a playground or outdoor gym
- Follow all the guidance and instructions to help stop the spread of Covid-19
- Bring your own hand sanitiser and clean your hands / children’s hands before and after use
- Consider wiping down equipment before using it
- Keep to social distancing – 2 metres if you can but at least 1 metre plus
- Don’t touch your face with your hands and encourage children not to do so
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue and dispose of it safely
- Don't eat or drink when using the equipment
- Bring your own towel if you are using the outdoor gym
- Remember to wash your hands thoroughly when you get home
The playground at King George V Playing Fields in West Watford is now open
Mayor Peter Taylor said on Friday: "We are working hard to keep people safe in our town and in light of the government's new advice, I am pleased that we will be starting to re-open our playgrounds and outdoor gyms.
"We know how popular our playgrounds and outdoor gyms are, which is why we are carefully checking them and providing residents with safety information ahead of re-opening.
"I urge the people in our town to keep up the good work and carry on following the NHS advice to stay safe and consider others."
Councillor Tim Williams, responsible for client services, added: "Whilst it is really good news we have been given the green light to reopen playgrounds and outdoor gyms, people’s health and safety remains our top priority.
"This means we cannot simply open them up and allow people to use as before – this just wouldn’t be safe. We are all relying on one another to be careful and sensible in how we go about our everyday lives."
Full list of parks and playgrounds now open. Visit www.watford.gov.uk/parks for further updates.
Aspen Park Drive Playground
Berry Avenue Open Space
Callowland Recreation Ground
East Drive Recreation Ground
Fern Way Playground
Goodwood Recreation Ground
Harebreaks Recreation Ground
Harwoods Recreation Ground
King George V Playing Fields
Knutsford Playing Fields
Lea Farm Recreation Ground
Leavesden Green Recreation Ground
Radlett Road Playing Fields
Ridgehurst Avenue Playground
Riverside Recreation Ground
Southwold Road Playground
St John's Road Playground
Waterfields Recreation Ground
Woodside Playing Fields