FIREFIGHTERS were called to a suspected carbon monoxide leak at a house in Bedford Avenue, Hayes, yesterday(8).

They used specialist equipment to confirm readings on arrival. Two adults and two children were taken to hospital.

The gas supply was isolated and crews ventilated the property.

A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: “You can't taste, see or smell CO fumes, but they can kill in minutes.

"It's really important to fit a CO alarm in all rooms containing fuel-burning appliances, ensuring. When sleeping, it is important your alarm would wake you if it sounds.”

The brigade was called at 9.54am and the incident was over by 11.10. Two fire engines from Southall attended.  

CO poisoning symptoms include headaches, dizziness, nausea or vomiting, breathlessness, collapse and loss of consciousness

These symptoms also apply to your pets – so keep an eye on them too.