Weekly planning applications - see what is being built near you
Wycombe District Council:
- Former Koppers Site, Globe Business Park, Fieldhouse Lane, Marlow. New units.
- Land between Orchard Cottage and Orchard End, Hampden Road, Speen. Dwellinghouse.
- Oldlands, Queens Road, High Wycombe. Certificate of lawfulness.
- 27 Willow Chase, Hazlemere. Extension.
- Long Barn, Bassetbury Lane, High Wycombe. Tree work.
- Pippins Cottage, Church Road, Tylers Green. Tree work.
- Oldlands, Queens Road, High Wycombe. Extension.
- Con Amore, 67 Fennels Way, Flackwell Heath. Certificate of lawfulness.
- Priory Avenue, High Wycombe. Tree work.
- 2 Brackley Drive, Hazlemere. Certificate of lawfulness.
- Land on corner of Newfield Road and Newtown Road, Marlow. Kiosk.
- Boundary House, Moor Common, Lane End. Certificate of lawfulness.
- Greenway, Green End Road, Radnage. Garage.
- 87 Micklefield Road, High Wycombe. Extension.
- Site of former RAF Daws Hill, Daws Hill Lane, High Wycombe. New development.
- 10 Colborne Road, High Wycombe. Outbuildings.
- 8 Shepherds Lane, Hazlemere. Certificate of lawfulness.
- 3 Colliers Row, Church Lane, Bledlow Ridge. Extension.
- Coldharbour Cottage, Winchbottom Lane, Little Marlow. Storage shed.
- 117 Totteridge Road, High Wycombe. Workshop.
- 303 Desborough Avenue, High Wycombe. Extension.
- Home Farm, City Road, Radnage. Certificate of lawfulness.
- Churchill Lodge, Police Station, Dean Street, Marlow. Car parking.
- Agricultural machinery store, Westfield Farm, Medmenham, Change of use.
- The Yard, Sladmore Farm, Cryers Hill Road, Cryers Hill. Certificate of lawfulness.
- Rocworth House, Chinnor Road, Bledlow Ridge. Paddock.
- 1 Green End Cottages, Green End Road, Radnage. Alterations.
- Kimble Farm, Dudley Lane, Southend. Riding arena.
- 748 Booker Lane, High Wycombe. Flat demolition.
- Mooring Dancing Water, Donkey Lane, Bourne End. Change of use.
- Venton, 25 New Road, Tylers Green. Dropped kerb
South Bucks and Chiltern Districts:
- Well Cottage, Missenden Road, Great Kingshill. Change of use.
- The Gate, Lee Gate, The Lee. Variation of conditions.
- 3 The Row, The Hill, Winchmore Hill. Extension.
- 3 Davidge Place, Knotty Green. Tree work.
- Vache View, 16 The Lagger, Chalfont St Giles. Conservatory.
- Land at 206-208 Chartridge Lane, Chesham. New dwellings.
- Crawley Farm, Village Road, Ballinger. Garden room.
- The Gables, Oxford Road, Denham. Extension.
- 28 Eghams Wood Road, Knotty Green. Extension.
- 44 Fox Road, Holmer Green. Extension.
- Unit 4, 58 Britwell Road, Burnham. Change of use.
- Barns at Bendrose Farm, White Lion Road, Little Chalfont. Change of use.
- 147 Amersham Road, Beaconsfield. New dwelling.
- 74 Bois Moor Road, Chesham. Extension.
- 15 Middle Road, Denham. Extension.
- Alborough Lodge, 107 Packhorse Road, Gerrards Cross. Redevelopment.
- South Ley, Dorney Wood Road, Burnham. Extension.
- 65 Nursery Road, Burnham. Extension.
- Ambleside, Tower Road, Coleshill. Extension.
- 244 Swallow Street, Iver. Certificate of lawfulness.
- Kelso, Devonshire Avenue, Amersham. Extension.
- 45 Copperkins Lane, Amersham. Extension.
- Bath House, Richings Park, Iver. Extension.
- 19 Elm Close, Amersham. Extension.
- Woodchester, Woodchester Park, Knotty Green. Redevelopment.
Bucks Free Press
Hillingdon & Uxbridge Times
Bucks Free Press
Wed, 12 Dec 2018 18:00:00 +0000
Patients collectively waiting seven years to be discharged from hospitals due to lack of community beds
A lack of community hospital beds has led to major discharge delays as Bucks patients wait to move on to their next stage of care, according to a council report.
Wed, 12 Dec 2018 15:45:13 +0000
Bucks hospitals to get £1.6 million to improve technology and cut medical errors
Bucks hospitals are set to get a £1.6 million cash injection in a bid to improve technology and cut medical errors. original article
Wed, 12 Dec 2018 15:40:00 +0000
'It looks like something Trump would erect on Mexico border': Plans for new leisure centre slammed
Plans for a new leisure centre in Amersham have been slammed by residents who say it is in the wrong place and will cost “far too much”.
Wed, 12 Dec 2018 13:11:37 +0000
POLL: Would you rather see a new drive-thru restaurant or a car park?
Following yesterday's revelation that plans for a new drive-thru restaurant or a car showroom in High Wycombe have been shelved in favour of building a new car park, we are asking readers what they would prefer to see.
Wed, 12 Dec 2018 10:20:00 +0000
VIDEO: Travellers still at industrial estate after setting up camp this week
Travellers have still not left an industrial estate site after they set up camp there this week.
Tue, 11 Dec 2018 17:53:16 +0000
MURDER PROBE: Banker 'bludgeoned city girl to death in cocaine-fuelled attack'
An Amersham banker bludgeoned to death a privately educated “city girl” who was leading a secret life as a high-class escort in a cocaine-fuelled attack and pretending to be unconscious when police arrived, a court heard today.
Tue, 11 Dec 2018 16:42:06 +0000
Plans for drive-thru restaurant or car showroom scrapped in favour of new car park
Plans for a or a drive-thru restaurant as part of a huge overhaul of a run-down area of High Wycombe have fallen through – amid concerns over the cost of one of the potential projects.
Tue, 11 Dec 2018 16:12:57 +0000
Mental health centre slammed for 'failing' mother who died after cutting herself in car park
A mental health centre has been slammed for “multiple failings” in caring for a mother with a “heart of gold” who cut herself and was found bleeding to death by another patient in the facility’s car park just moments after she reportedly spoke to a member of staff on the ward.
Tue, 11 Dec 2018 16:51:07 +0000
Travellers set up camp at industrial estate
Travellers have set up camp on an industrial estate.
Tue, 11 Dec 2018 17:48:09 +0000
Under-threat GP practice to remain open following public consultation
A GP practice in High Wycombe will remain open after a patient consultation was heldoriginal article
Tue, 11 Dec 2018 17:19:07 +0000
Fly-tipper who did not turn up to court four years ago fined more than £2k
A man who did not turn up to court after being caught fly-tipping four years ago has been fined more than £2,000.original article
Tue, 11 Dec 2018 16:20:15 +0000
Emergency services called out after vehicle flips over on motorway sliproad
Traffic officers have been called out after a vehicle flipped over on the M25.
Tue, 11 Dec 2018 14:55:09 +0000
'We are prepared': 'Robust' healthcare plans in place amid winter 'crisis' fears
The leader of the county council has asked for reassurance there will not be a healthcare crisis this winter,
Tue, 11 Dec 2018 14:56:39 +0000
PICTURES: Crowds pack into church to enjoy traditional festive carol concert
Crowds got into the festive spirit with a traditional carol service in High Wycombe on Sunday. original article
Tue, 11 Dec 2018 14:50:00 +0000
'Remarkably' low number of NHS workers having free flu vaccine - prompting staff shortage fears
A “remarkably low” number of NHS workers choose to have a free flu vaccine, prompting fears staff illness could put more pressure on already stretched services over winter.
Tue, 11 Dec 2018 14:10:07 +0000
Steve Baker says Theresa May has a 'duty' to step down as Prime Minister - and urges MPs to submit no-confidence letters
Wycombe MP Steve Baker has urged his fellow Tory MPs to put in no-confidence letters in Theresa May’s leadership to reach the 48-letter mark that would trigger a formal challenge.
Tue, 11 Dec 2018 13:57:57 +0000
Town's first community fridge is launched to cut food waste and help those in need
The first community fridge for High Wycombe has officially been launched in a bid to cut food waste and help those in need. original article
Tue, 11 Dec 2018 07:00:00 +0000
‘Devastating’ impact of drink-driving revealed
A law firm is warning of the “devastating consequences” of getting behind the wheel after drinking alcohol over the festive period – as Thames Valley Police launches its anti-drive drive campaign.
Mon, 10 Dec 2018 10:16:29 +0000
Supermarket shut after burglars break in
A supermarket was shut by police this morning after burglers broke in during the early hours.
Mon, 10 Dec 2018 11:40:00 +0000
Much-loved pub set for £500k revamp after year-long closure thanks to long-standing residents
A will be brought back to life with a £500,000 revamp thanks to long-standing residents who want to restore it back to its former glory.
Mon, 10 Dec 2018 17:30:00 +0000
Investigation launched after shotgun fired at man in 'attempted murder'
Detectives have launched an investigation after someone fired a shotgun at a man in his 20s in Aylesbury.
Mon, 10 Dec 2018 17:10:06 +0000
Faulty traffic lights cause rush-hour mayhem
Faulty traffic lights are causing chaos on a busy High Wycombe road.original article
Mon, 10 Dec 2018 17:00:10 +0000
People warned not to approach man wanted in connection with two pub attacks
People are being warned not to approach a man wanted in connection with attacks at a Chesham pub that left two men injured.
Mon, 10 Dec 2018 12:34:08 +0000
New leisure centre one step closer as plans submitted
is a step closer to becoming a reality as plans have been officially submitted.original article
Mon, 10 Dec 2018 11:41:54 +0000
REVIEW: Wycombe Swan's panto has it all - the boos, the outrageous dame, the happy ending - and so much more
It’s all here - the boos, the outrageous Dame, the happily-ever-after ending - but there is so much more alongside the usual panto ingredients.
Sun, 09 Dec 2018 16:11:42 +0000
M40 HORROR: Female passenger killed after car overturns
A female passenger has died after a car overturned on the M40 in a horror late night crash.
Sun, 09 Dec 2018 14:00:00 +0000
Book review: The Next Destination
Local historian Neil Lamond has come up trumps again with the publication of his second book about the history of the Amersham and District Motor Bus Company (A&D).
Sun, 09 Dec 2018 10:00:00 +0000
Camera Club picture of the week: Stately home in all its fabulous festive glory
In this new weekly feature, we showcase the best photographs taken by our talented Bucks Free Press Camera Club members.
Sun, 09 Dec 2018 16:00:00 +0000
Care home marks 10th birthday with high tea
A care home in Princes Risborough celebrated its 10th anniversary with a special high tea for its residents and staff at its newly refurbished café which was also unveiled on the same day.
Sun, 09 Dec 2018 13:00:00 +0000
Legendary pianist to take centre stage with blues orchestra
Iconic pianist Jools Holland is set to return to the Wycombe Swan next year with his Rhythm and Blues Orchestra.
Sun, 09 Dec 2018 00:26:00 +0000
M40 CLOSED: Car overturns in serious early morning crash
BREAKING - UPDATE: Female passenger killed in M40 horror crash
Sun, 09 Dec 2018 09:00:00 +0000
Sporting legends help Rotary raise thousands for charities
Rugby legends Fergus Slattery and David Duckham were guests of honour at a sporting lunch in High Wycombe last week.
Sun, 09 Dec 2018 15:00:00 +0000
Retirement home residents enjoy an afternoon at the opera
Retirement home residents were treated to an afternoon at the opera.
Sun, 09 Dec 2018 12:00:00 +0000
Science win for bright young pupils
Primary school pupils emerged victorious in the regional heats of a national science quiz.
Sun, 09 Dec 2018 11:00:00 +0000
OPINION: First elected female MP commemorated
This week, Bucks county councillor David Martin writes exclusively to Bucks Free Press readers:
Sat, 08 Dec 2018 11:11:12 +0000
Emergency services called after baby boy locked in car at retail park
Emergency services received panicked 999 calls after a baby boy was accidentally locked in a car.
Sat, 08 Dec 2018 08:00:00 +0000
PROPERTY: Rough sleepers given place to stay over festive period
Eleven rough sleepers have moved into B&Bs in the run-up to Christmas thanks to a collaboration between Wycombe District Council (WDC) and the charity behind last month’s Big Sleep Out to raise money for the homeless.
Sat, 08 Dec 2018 13:00:00 +0000
Acting legend Sir Ian McKellen goes solo with new show
Legendary actor Sir Ian McKellen is set to celebrate his 80th birthday next year by raising funds for theatres - with a new solo show which will play on 80 stages across the UK.
Sat, 08 Dec 2018 12:00:00 +0000
Nursing student celebrates top award
A “shocked” student from High Wycombe is celebrating after being named apprentice of the year.
Sat, 08 Dec 2018 09:00:00 +0000
Countryfile duo search for antiques in south Bucks
Stars of BBC Sunday teatime treat Countryfile, Charlotte Smith and Tom Heap will swap agriculture for antiques on Celebrity Antiques Road Trip next week - and will be seeking treasures in Chesham.
Sat, 08 Dec 2018 15:00:00 +0000
THEATRE REVIEW: Rendition of Treasure Island was 'truly brilliant'
Amateur dramatics dying in this digital age? Not a bit of it, judging by Masque Players’ latest offering.
Sat, 08 Dec 2018 14:00:00 +0000
Comedian wants to cheer up public in 'dark times'
As Brexit looms on, Trump reigns rampant and everyone seems pushed to extremes, Stephen K Amos’ main aim is to cheer us up.
Sat, 08 Dec 2018 10:00:00 +0000
PICTURES: Festive market draws hundreds
More than 200 people flocked to Red Kite Community Housing’s annual Christmas Market on Wednesday.
Sat, 08 Dec 2018 11:00:00 +0000
MP: ‘Working to end the scourge of homelessness is a top priority’
This week, Aylesbury MP David Lidington writes exclusively for Bucks Free Press readers:
Fri, 07 Dec 2018 17:20:00 +0000
Fears that cafe and toilets plan for popular Wycombe park has been scuppered
Fears have been raised that plans to build a new cafe and toilets at a popular High Wycombe park will not go ahead - after a council report claimed the project set up to look into the feasibility of the idea was “closed”.
Fri, 07 Dec 2018 12:41:03 +0000
WATCH: Drivers' near miss as they navigate 'hazardous' flooded road
Two drivers had a near miss this morning as they attempted to drive through a flooded road in Prestwood.
Last updated by System Admin on 27th August, 2018