Weekly planning applications - see what is being built near you
Wycombe District Council:
- Former Koppers Site, Globe Business Park, Fieldhouse Lane, Marlow. New units.
- Land between Orchard Cottage and Orchard End, Hampden Road, Speen. Dwellinghouse.
- Oldlands, Queens Road, High Wycombe. Certificate of lawfulness.
- 27 Willow Chase, Hazlemere. Extension.
- Long Barn, Bassetbury Lane, High Wycombe. Tree work.
- Pippins Cottage, Church Road, Tylers Green. Tree work.
- Oldlands, Queens Road, High Wycombe. Extension.
- Con Amore, 67 Fennels Way, Flackwell Heath. Certificate of lawfulness.
- Priory Avenue, High Wycombe. Tree work.
- 2 Brackley Drive, Hazlemere. Certificate of lawfulness.
- Land on corner of Newfield Road and Newtown Road, Marlow. Kiosk.
- Boundary House, Moor Common, Lane End. Certificate of lawfulness.
- Greenway, Green End Road, Radnage. Garage.
- 87 Micklefield Road, High Wycombe. Extension.
- Site of former RAF Daws Hill, Daws Hill Lane, High Wycombe. New development.
- 10 Colborne Road, High Wycombe. Outbuildings.
- 8 Shepherds Lane, Hazlemere. Certificate of lawfulness.
- 3 Colliers Row, Church Lane, Bledlow Ridge. Extension.
- Coldharbour Cottage, Winchbottom Lane, Little Marlow. Storage shed.
- 117 Totteridge Road, High Wycombe. Workshop.
- 303 Desborough Avenue, High Wycombe. Extension.
- Home Farm, City Road, Radnage. Certificate of lawfulness.
- Churchill Lodge, Police Station, Dean Street, Marlow. Car parking.
- Agricultural machinery store, Westfield Farm, Medmenham, Change of use.
- The Yard, Sladmore Farm, Cryers Hill Road, Cryers Hill. Certificate of lawfulness.
- Rocworth House, Chinnor Road, Bledlow Ridge. Paddock.
- 1 Green End Cottages, Green End Road, Radnage. Alterations.
- Kimble Farm, Dudley Lane, Southend. Riding arena.
- 748 Booker Lane, High Wycombe. Flat demolition.
- Mooring Dancing Water, Donkey Lane, Bourne End. Change of use.
- Venton, 25 New Road, Tylers Green. Dropped kerb
South Bucks and Chiltern Districts:
- Well Cottage, Missenden Road, Great Kingshill. Change of use.
- The Gate, Lee Gate, The Lee. Variation of conditions.
- 3 The Row, The Hill, Winchmore Hill. Extension.
- 3 Davidge Place, Knotty Green. Tree work.
- Vache View, 16 The Lagger, Chalfont St Giles. Conservatory.
- Land at 206-208 Chartridge Lane, Chesham. New dwellings.
- Crawley Farm, Village Road, Ballinger. Garden room.
- The Gables, Oxford Road, Denham. Extension.
- 28 Eghams Wood Road, Knotty Green. Extension.
- 44 Fox Road, Holmer Green. Extension.
- Unit 4, 58 Britwell Road, Burnham. Change of use.
- Barns at Bendrose Farm, White Lion Road, Little Chalfont. Change of use.
- 147 Amersham Road, Beaconsfield. New dwelling.
- 74 Bois Moor Road, Chesham. Extension.
- 15 Middle Road, Denham. Extension.
- Alborough Lodge, 107 Packhorse Road, Gerrards Cross. Redevelopment.
- South Ley, Dorney Wood Road, Burnham. Extension.
- 65 Nursery Road, Burnham. Extension.
- Ambleside, Tower Road, Coleshill. Extension.
- 244 Swallow Street, Iver. Certificate of lawfulness.
- Kelso, Devonshire Avenue, Amersham. Extension.
- 45 Copperkins Lane, Amersham. Extension.
- Bath House, Richings Park, Iver. Extension.
- 19 Elm Close, Amersham. Extension.
- Woodchester, Woodchester Park, Knotty Green. Redevelopment.
Bucks Free Press
Hillingdon & Uxbridge Times
Bucks Free Press
Sat, 16 Feb 2019 13:53:19 +0000
Car ends up underneath another in M40 slip road pile-up
A car ended up underneath another in a pile-up on the M40 slip road at Beaconsfield.
Fri, 15 Feb 2019 18:26:25 +0000
Rape charity forced to call police after receiving torrent of abuse from Tommy Robinson supporters
Supporters of far-right activist Tommy Robinson have attacked a Bucks rape support charity after a Facebook page appearing to belong to him posted one of their leaflets on social media.
Sat, 16 Feb 2019 15:00:00 +0000
Star of Father Ted and Death in Paradise to take centre stage at Wycombe Swan
Admitting that he was happily sliding into middle-age, fairly sure he knew all that he needed to know about the world, Ardal O’Hanlon has been jolted out of that complacency by recent world events.
Sat, 16 Feb 2019 14:00:00 +0000
TV personality Dame Esther Rantzen meets retirees
Marlow retirees had the chance to meet TV personality Dame Esther Rantzen when she attended an open day at a retirement living development this month.
Sat, 16 Feb 2019 12:00:00 +0000
Olympian Adrian Moorhouse opens school's long-awaited swimming pool
Olympic gold medallist Adrian Moorhouse officially opened a long-awaited swimming pool at a Gerrards Cross boys’ school.
Sat, 16 Feb 2019 11:00:00 +0000
Popular couple celebrate birthdays surrounded by loved ones
A popular Flackwell Heath couple celebrated their birthdays together surrounded by loved ones.
Sat, 16 Feb 2019 10:00:00 +0000
Former bank headquarters on green belt land to be turned into flats
The former headquarters of the Nationwide Building Society in 17 acres of green belt on the edge of High Wycombe is finally being converted into apartments and townhouses after several previous plans for alternative schemes hit the dust.
Sat, 16 Feb 2019 09:00:00 +0000
Robberies and violent crime up by 22% ‘due to World Cup’
Robberies and violent crime in Marlow and the surrounding areas are up 22 per cent from the previous year.
Fri, 15 Feb 2019 12:30:00 +0000
Man with schizophrenia died day after complaining about dizziness
A man with schizophrenia died the day after complaining about feeling dizzy and sick, an inquest into his death heard this week.
Fri, 15 Feb 2019 16:30:00 +0000
‘It’s an amazing feeling to fly solo’: Young air cadet takes to the skies in World Record bid
A Marlow air cadet who became the UK’s youngest solo glider pilot in 2017 took to the skies again in a bid to become Britain’s youngest solo pilot.
Fri, 15 Feb 2019 15:55:19 +0000
JAILED: Man behind bars for sexually abusing a child
A man has been jailed for nine years for sexual offences against a child in Buckinghamshire in the 1970s.
Fri, 15 Feb 2019 13:50:00 +0000
WATCH: Girls' school pupils join thousands across the UK to take a stand against climate change
Schoolchildren are taking a stand against climate change, with thousands of pupils across the country walking out of class to demand immediate action.
Fri, 15 Feb 2019 13:00:00 +0000
REVEALED: Taxpayers fork out £1.1m for major footbridge repairs
Taxpayers forked out more than £1.1 million to repair a major footbridge into Marlow.
Fri, 15 Feb 2019 12:08:48 +0000
District councils urged to 'grow up and work together' as unitary battle rages on
District councils around south Bucks have been urged to “grow up” by a county councillor after they said they would take legal action against the government over the creation of a unitary authority in Bucks.
Fri, 15 Feb 2019 10:55:11 +0000
Man denies carrying out sex attacks on women in three counties
A 53-year-old man has denied carrying out sex attacks against five women in Bucks, Leicestershire and Nottinghamshire between 2009 and 2014.original article
Fri, 15 Feb 2019 10:52:45 +0000
Change in assisted dying law ruled out after Bucks man, 80, ended life at Dignitas
The government has ruled out a change in the law on assisted dying after a high-profile case involving an 80-year-old Bucks man with motor neurone disease.original article
Fri, 15 Feb 2019 10:31:10 +0000
IN THE DOCK: Weekly round-up of court hearings at High Wycombe Magistrates' Court
Weekly round-up of cases at Wycombe Magistrates’ Court:
Fri, 15 Feb 2019 10:00:00 +0000
Hundreds of trees planted in bid to cut noise from M40
Hundreds of trees have been planted alongside the M40 in Lane End in a bid to cut noise from the busy motorway.
Fri, 15 Feb 2019 10:00:09 +0000
WEATHER FORECAST: Yellow warning for fog issued
A yellow warning for fog has been issued for south east England.
Fri, 15 Feb 2019 09:16:04 +0000
Nuisance area of town could improve with a council, former mayor says
A “nuisance” area of High Wycombe could look like the Market Square in Henley with baskets of flowers and “continental-style” restaurants if the town had its own council, a former mayor has claimed.
Fri, 15 Feb 2019 08:48:43 +0000
BREAKING: Latest news, traffic and weather updates near you
Check out the latest travel news in and around Wycombe by clicking here. original article
Thu, 14 Feb 2019 16:51:30 +0000
Initial plans to build up to 550 homes on reserve site given green light
Preliminary plans to build hundreds of homes in High Wycombe have been given the green light – despite concerns over increased traffic and a lack of retirement housing on site.
Thu, 14 Feb 2019 15:35:24 +0000
Images of replica clothing worn by Libby Squire released by Police
Images of replica clothing worn by missing student Libby Squire, who is from High Wycombe, when she was last seen have been released by Humberside Police as the investigation into her disappearance continues. original article
Thu, 14 Feb 2019 15:08:14 +0000
Longstanding plans to build hundreds of homes face another setback
Long-standing plans to build hundreds of homes in Princes Risborough faced another setback this week after councillors agreed they wereoriginal article
Thu, 14 Feb 2019 11:30:00 +0000
'Inadequate' mental health hospital to shut down amid string of safety failures - including 'assault' on patient by a staff member
A mental health hospital for young people with learning difficulties is set to be shut down amid reports a staff member assaulted a patient and another teenager managed to swallow screws and part of a radiator grill.
Thu, 14 Feb 2019 11:07:53 +0000
Patients who visit A&E after self-harming 'not getting appropriate support', investigation finds
Vulnerable patients who visit A&E in Bucks are not receiving appropriate emotional support, an investigation has found.
Wed, 13 Feb 2019 09:03:15 +0000
BREAKING: Latest news, traffic and weather near you
Wed, 13 Feb 2019 16:14:10 +0000
Family of man whose heart stopped beating for 8 minutes praise air ambulance for saving his life
The family of a man whose heart stopped beating for eight minutes after he collapsed at a spinning class have praised the doctor, nurse and air ambulance team who saved his life.
Wed, 13 Feb 2019 14:30:00 +0000
JAILED: 'Disabled' man who demanded £250k compensation because he could not work is caught secretly doing shifts at chip shop
A "liar" who demanded £250,000 compensation - claiming he was so disabled he could not work - has been jailed for 16 months after he was caught secretly doing shifts at a High Wycombe chip shop.
Wed, 13 Feb 2019 14:20:44 +0000
Mystery surrounds the death of man found 'severely decomposed' in his flat
Mystery surrounds the death of a man whose was found “severely decomposed” in his flat last year.
Wed, 13 Feb 2019 14:54:11 +0000
Golf club reveals plans to create reservoir on site - despite previously saying it had 'no plans' to do so
A Wycombe golf club wants to create a reservoir on its site – after reportedly telling a member of the public it had “no plans” to do so previously.
Wed, 13 Feb 2019 13:31:47 +0000
New photos of 'much-loved' Libby Squire released by devastated parents
New photos of missing student Libby Squire have been released by her devastated parents as the search for their "much-loved" daughters continues.
Wed, 13 Feb 2019 07:00:00 +0000
Fears work has 'ground to halt' on new container hub for artists quashed by council
Fears that work on a controversial shipping container hub for artists in High Wycombe have “ground to a halt” have been quashed by the council – who have blamed bad weather for a lack of progress on the project.
Wed, 13 Feb 2019 14:00:00 +0000
New Thames Valley Police chief constable ‘honoured’ to take on top role
A new chief constable has been appointed for Thames Valley Police after leading the force for nine years.
Wed, 13 Feb 2019 14:29:18 +0000
Residents set to pay extra £37 in council tax as next budget approved
Buckinghamshire residents look set to pay an additional £37 in council tax next year, after council chiefs approved the original article
Wed, 13 Feb 2019 12:30:00 +0000
Call for budding politicians to stand as independent candidates in unitary elections
A county councillor is calling for budding politicians to come forward and stand as an independent candidate in next year’s unitary council elections.
Wed, 13 Feb 2019 12:12:38 +0000
Residents urged to take part in survey to help shape future of town centre
have been urged to take part in a survey which campaigners hope will shape the future of the town.
Wed, 13 Feb 2019 09:39:07 +0000
Weekly planning applications - see what is being built near you
Wycombe District Council:original article
Tue, 12 Feb 2019 17:46:58 +0000
Abandoned van left to rot in car park for months finally set to be removed
An abandoned van that was dumped in a retail park car park months ago could finally be removed this week.
Tue, 12 Feb 2019 18:22:16 +0000
'Everyone is hoping for the best': Neighbours of missing student Libby Squire's family speak out
Neighbours of the heartbroken family of missing student Libby Squire are reeling in shock following news of her disappearance.
Tue, 12 Feb 2019 07:00:00 +0000
MOD site developer overhauls 350-home plan amid relief-road stand-off with council
Plans for 350 homes on a former Ministry of Defence site in Beaconsfield have been overhauled after the developer became locked in a planning battle.
Tue, 12 Feb 2019 07:00:00 +0000
Man with hernia 'the size of tennis ball' told there is no money to treat him
A MAN with a hernia the size of a golf ball has described his shock after a call from his doctor's surgery telling him there was no NHS money available to treat him.
Tue, 12 Feb 2019 14:23:03 +0000
Decision on major leisure centre plans to be made this week
Plans to build a new leisure centre in will be presented to the council’s planning committee this week.
Last updated by System Admin on 27th August, 2018