As we edge closer to stage two of lockdown restrictions being lifted across the county on Monday, April 12, residents across Bucks can now look forward to eating out again.
Restaurants, as well as other non-essential businesses, will be able to reopen for the first time since January 4, when the third lockdown hit the UK.
So, to get us in the mood, here are the top five places where you can get a burger in Buckinghamshire, according to Tripadvisor.
Number 5: The Red Lion, Amersham
Starting the list is the very respectable Red Lion in Amersham, which is ranked as the second-best restaurant within the town on the entire site.
Not necessarily known for their burgers, the Village Road eatery has got three on their menu which include the following:
• Halloumi Burger (Mediterranean vegetables, brioche bun, French Fries - £14.50)
• Homemade Beef Burger (smoked bacon, Cheddar Cheese, salad, brioche bun, onion rings, French Fries - £15)
• Buttermilk Chicken Burger (salad, chili mayo, French Fries, onion rings - £15)
However, despite having just three options, each burger has been met with positive views on the website with one user saying: "I enjoyed an amazing homemade burger in a brioche, with onion rings and fries.
“Presentation was great.”
It is certainly a place to try out when the doors reopen on April 12.
Number 4: The Jolly Cricketers, Seer Green
Tucked away in the small village of Seer Green, the Jolly Cricketers is certainly a place to try out.
The award-winning venue offers a variety of items on its menu with its burgers being one of the main go-to meals.
The latest review on TripAdvisor is from February this year (2021) which reads: “Had a takeaway with my husband this evening and it was absolutely first class.
“The crispy squid and the burger were fantastic.
“Almost as if we were sat in a restaurant.
The burgers at the Chalfont Road venue are the following:
• The Cricketers Burger (Montgomery Jack, grilled bacon, burger sauce, slaw, hand-cut chips - £13.50)
• The Cypriot Burger (chargrilled halloumi, field mushroom, garlic & parsley butter, tomato chutney, pickled cabbage, hand-cut chips - £12.50)
• Spicy Lamb Burger (mint and cucumber yoghurt - £12.50)
• Children’s Cricketers Burger (Montgomery Jack, burger sauce, hand-cut chips - £6.50)
With rave reviews at an award-winning place, why not give the Jolly Cricketers ago?
Number 3: The Plough, Milton Keynes
It wouldn’t be a top-five list without at least one entry from Milton Keynes.
This time, the town is showing off one of its best burger joints at the Plough on Simpson Road.
The restaurant has been ranked as the third best out of the 297 within the area, with an incredible 180 positive ratings from 207 overall.
With a main, Sunday, and children’s menu, the venue has got a wide range of choices with burgers being one of the most popular selections.
Their burger choices include:
• Ultimate beef steak burger (smoked Applewood cheese, smoked bacon and hand-battered onion rings served in a pretzel burger bun – £13.95)
• Black & Blue burger (beef steak burger with field mushroom and stilton cheese served in a pretzel burger bun - £13.45)
• Pork & Chorizo burger (with sriracha mayonnaise served in a pretzel burger bun - £12.95)
• Vegan burger (Vegan patty Served in a vegan bun with red pepper pesto and tomato salsa - £9.95)
All burgers are served with tomato, red onion, crisp lettuce, seasoned chips and homemade slaw.
On Tripadvisor, this user said: “I couldn’t recommend the Plough any more and during these crazy Covid times, at no point did we feel unsafe.
"Well done to all the team, thank you!
“We will be back!”
A new place for you to try?
Number 2: The Squirrel Pub: High Wycombe
Coming in second place is the third-ranked restaurant on the site for ones based in High Wycombe.
The Squirrel has currently got 319 reviews with 278 stating that the venue is excellent whilst 28 saying the restaurant is good.
With several customers praising its members of staff and the atmosphere, the Squirrel Lane venue is also known for its top-quality food, which includes its burgers, which are:
• Halloumi and Roasted Pepper Burger (Vegan dish which is served in an Artisan Bun with skinny fries - £11.50)
• Their Signature 8oz Steak Burger (Served with streaky bacon and mature Cheddar Cheese in an Artisan Bun with Homemade Salsa and Skinny Fries - £12.50)
• Grilled Chicken Burger (Served in an artisan bun with Sriracha Mayonnaise, homemade salsa and skinny fries - £12.50)
• 4oz Cheese Burger (Served with triple cooked chips along with a free brownie - £5.95)
Certainly, one to try out.
Number One: Byron: Milton Keynes
Taking the top spot is Byron in the north of the county, with a whopping 579 positive reviews.
Located in the Silbury Arcade in the centre of Milton Keynes, the restaurant is ranked as the number one ‘American’ restaurant on the site within the town, as well as the 43rd best out of all the restaurants in MK.
The restaurant has an incredible 12 burgers on its menu, which range from meat lovers to vegans, and every customer can customise their meal.
Just some of their burgers include:
• The Smokey (Beef patty, smokey pancetta, Cheddar cheese, crispy onions, smoked chilli BBQ sauce, sliced pickles, lettuce - £13.95)
• Double Bacon Cheese (Two beef patties, American cheese, bacon, ketchup, American mustard, sliced pickles - £14.95)
• Byron – (Beef patty, American cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, red onion, Byron sauce, pickles - £11.95)
• Cali Cheese (Beyond Meat plant-based patty, vegan Cheddar, pickled red onions, lettuce, roasted garlic aioli, smoked tomato ketchup - £11.95)
• Truffler (Beyond Meat plant-based patty, crispy onions, roasted truffle mushrooms, pickled red onions, lettuce, American Mustard, vegan Cheddar, truffle mayo - £13.95)
• Clucky (Grilled or buttermilk-fried chicken, smashed avocado, sriracha mayo, pickled red onions, pickles, lettuce - £12.95)
There are plenty more on their menu.
One reviewer said: “Popped into Byron in Milton Keynes for a late lunch with my friend.
"We had delicious burgers and sweet potato fries with salad.
“I think Byron has the best beef for their burgers.”
Possibly a new one for you to try out.
To see more burger joints in Bucks, click here.