In the dock: Weekly round-up of hearings at Wycombe Magistrates' Court
Weekly round-up of hearings at Wycombe Magistrates’ Court:
- Brandon Broomhead-Fox, 24, of Holman Street, Aylesbury. Sending a message on Snapchat on July 24, 2020, which conveyed a threat for the purpose of causing distress or anxiety to the recipient. Committed to prison for two weeks consecutive. Restraining order made until November 14, 2022. Compensation £100. Sending a telephone message on August 16, 2020, which conveyed a threat for the purpose of causing distress or anxiety to the recipient. Committed to prison for two weeks. Overall length of sentence four weeks.
- Ulric Da Silva, 50, of The Pastures, High Wycombe. Driving a motor vehicle on The Pastures in High Wycombe on October 24, 2021, while over the drink-drive limit. Fined £369. Costs £122. Disqualified from driving for 21 months.
- Chantelle Ncube, 18, of Coventon Road, Aylesbury. Assault by beating in Aylesbury on September 25, 2020. Fined £200. Compensation £250. Costs £119.
- Paul Wynn, 50, of Corporation Street, High Wycombe. Using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or disorderly behaviour thereby causing a person harassment, alarm or distress and the offence was racially aggravated in Birmingham on March 12. Fined £1,153. Compensation £75. Costs £200.
- John Rooney, 42, of Moreland Avenue, Colnbrook. Using a motor vehicle without third party insurance on January 15 in Mansion Lane, Iver. Fined £660. Costs £156. Driving record endorsed with eight points.
- Mark Simmonds, 64, of Broughton Crossing, Aylesbury. Driving over the 40mph speed limit on the A41 in Bicester, Oxfordshire, on January 15. The speed recorded was 71mph. Fined £244. Costs £124. Driving record endorsed with six points.
- Jessica Tallman, 38, of Moor Close, Chinnor. Driving over the 30mph speed limit on the A4010 Chapel Lane in High Wycombe on January 21. The recorded speed was 51mph. No totting disqualification – mitigating circumstances. Fined £403. Costs £130. Driving record endorsed with six points.
- Thomas Swarbrick, 24, of Kirtle Road, Chesham. Failure without reasonable excuse to comply with the requirements of a community order made by Wycombe Magistrates’ Court on August 4, 2020, by failing to attend supervision appointments on two occasions and failing to provide evidence of a reasonable excuse. Community order revoked. Costs £60.
- Elliot Linke, 30, of Jansel Square, Aylesbury. Failure without reasonable excuse to comply with the requirements of a community order made by Wycombe Magistrates’ Court on February 22 by failing to attend unpaid work sessions and failing to provide evidence of a reasonable excuse. Community order revoked. Costs £60.
- Christine Providence, 52, of Five Acres, Wooburn Green. Failure without reasonable excuse to comply with the requirements of a community order made by Wycombe Magistrates’ Court on November 15, 2019, by failing to attend unpaid work sessions and failing to provide evidence of a reasonable excuse. Community order revoked. Costs £60.
- Alistair Tate, 49, of The Phygtle, Chalfont St Peter. Using threatening or abusive words or behaviour or disorderly behaviour within the hearing or sight of a person likely to be causes harassment, alarm or distress in Hillside Close, Chalfont St Peter, on September 18. Discharged conditionally for 12 months. Costs £22.
- Patrick Smith, 38, of The Crescent, High Wycombe. Assault by beating of a police officer in High Wycombe on March 6, 2020. Fined £300. Compensation £120.
- Mohammed Butt, 33, of Broad Street, Chesham. Assault by beating in Chesham on September 3. Committed to prison for 10 weeks because it was a sustained attack on a vulnerable victim who was trapped in a car with the defendant. Restraining order made, lasting until November 17, 2023. Costs £213.
- Elizabeth Landy, 56, of The Pound, Cookham. Using a handheld mobile phone or device while driving a motor vehicle on Cookham Road, Maidenhead, on March 27. Fined £742. Costs £164. Disqualified from driving for six months due to repeat offending.
- Stephen Wallington, 61, of Copperfields, High Wycombe. Driving over the 30mph speed limit on Treadaway Hill, Flackwell Heath, on January 28. The recorded speed was 50mph. Fined £115. Costs £124. Driving record endorsed with five points.
- Scott Houghton, 33, of Anton Way, Aylesbury. Used violence for the purpose of securing entry into a premises in Anton Way, Aylesbury, on May 22, knowing that there was someone present on the premises who was opposed to said entry. Community order made – must participate in an accredited programme for 30 days. Costs £395.
- Rizwan Ali, 39, of Oak End Way, Gerrards Cross. Driving over the 70mph speed limit on the M40 between junction 8 and junction 9. The recorded speed was 111mph. Fined £394. Costs £129. Driving record endorsed with six points.
- Auras Frigioiu, 35 of Judge Grove, Wexham. Failure to give information relating to the driver or rider of a vehicle when required to by Thames Valley Police. Fined £50. Costs £34. Driving record endorsed with six points.
It is established in the UK that court cases should be heard in public.
This principle of open justice is acclaimed on a number of grounds: as a safeguard against judicial error and as a deterrent to perjury, to assist the deterrent function of trials and to permit the revelation of matters of public interest.
Costs include victim surcharge and courts charges.
Bucks Free Press
Hillingdon & Uxbridge Times
Bucks Free Press News
Wed, 26 Jan 2022 16:00:39 +0000
Woman ‘seriously injured’ in Hatters Lane crash, High Wycombe
A woman has been seriously injured and a girl left needing hospital treatment after a crash in High Wycombe.original article
Wed, 26 Jan 2022 14:03:34 +0000
Milton Keynes Irish's GK coach is sent off for hitting a fan
Ugly scenes marred a Non League game in Buckinghamshire as a goalkeeping coach was sent off for hitting an opposition supporter.original article
Wed, 26 Jan 2022 17:14:15 +0000
Dangerous driver jailed for Aylesbury horror crash injuries
A dangerous driver who injured multiple people in a terrifying high-speed crash in Bucks has been jailed.original article
Wed, 26 Jan 2022 16:22:01 +0000
Amersham: The Eagle pub to get new outdoor bar
A PUB will see its hours extended and build a new outdoor bar – despite fears it could lead to anti-social behaviour.original article
Wed, 26 Jan 2022 13:17:14 +0000
Seer Green: PerkinElmer demolition for new homes refused
THE overhaul of a large office building for more than 30 homes has been thrown out as ‘significantly harmful’.original article
Wed, 26 Jan 2022 12:51:29 +0000
REVIEW: We tried the new Starbucks on A40 London Road, High Wycombe
Coffee giant Starbucks opened up their most recent store this morning in High Wycombe.original article
Wed, 26 Jan 2022 20:47:09 +0000
Prince Andrew demands trial by jury in sex case against Virginia Giuffre
Prince Andrew has demanded a trial by jury in a civil sex case with Virginia Giuffre, meaning he will not settle the lawsuit against him.original article
Wed, 26 Jan 2022 15:02:24 +0000
Led By Donkeys plays furious widow's heartbreaking message to MP Joy Morrissey amid Downing Street party allegations
"He's dead, and they partied" - these are the heartbreaking words of a grieving wife that have been broadcast on a big screen outside Tory HQ today.original article
Wed, 26 Jan 2022 15:45:30 +0000
Wooburn Green's reggae star Zeeteah Massiah releases new single
A local successful reggae artist is set to release a new single along with a third album later this year.original article
Wed, 26 Jan 2022 14:07:53 +0000
Man caught with knife in High Wycombe
A man who was caught with a knife in High Wycombe has avoided going to jail.original article
Wed, 26 Jan 2022 15:16:02 +0000
Police recover over 50 stolen tools in Chiltern and South Bucks operation
Police have recovered more than 50 stolen tools following an operation across the Chilterns and South Bucks area and are hoping to reunite them with their owners.original article
Wed, 26 Jan 2022 13:57:24 +0000
Emergency services attend Cryers Hill Lane crash
Emergency services attended a crash that left two people injured.original article
Wed, 26 Jan 2022 09:47:37 +0000
The Buckinghamshire drink drivers who appeared in court last month
These are some of the drink drivers from Buckinghamshire to appear in magistrates' courts across the country in December.original article
Wed, 26 Jan 2022 15:12:09 +0000
Milton Keynes man jailed for handling stolen goods in Chesham Bois
A 31-year-old man has been jailed for nine months for handling stolen goods in Milton Keynes.original article
Wed, 26 Jan 2022 08:51:50 +0000
Critically acclaimed jazz musicians to perform in Wycombe
A unique-looking live jazz event is coming to High Wycombe this Saturday.original article
Wed, 26 Jan 2022 07:54:21 +0000
Motorcyclist suffers ‘serious injuries’ in Milton Keynes
A motorcyclist has suffered ‘serious injuries’ following a crash in Milton Keynes.original article
Tue, 25 Jan 2022 12:31:08 +0000
This is where Marlow's film studio by the A404 could be built
Marlow Studio Project is looking to build a "state-of-the-art" film studio next to the A404 near the Westhorpe roundabout.original article
Tue, 25 Jan 2022 07:51:56 +0000
Police investigating huge barn fire near Princes Risborough
Firefighters were called out following a suspected arson in a Buckinghamshire hamlet.original article
Tue, 25 Jan 2022 16:10:41 +0000
Plans to bring Amersham and Flackwell Heath college campuses to High Wycombe
TWO college campuses could be used for housing – as plans to consolidate them in a single new campus could be completed within two years.original article
Tue, 25 Jan 2022 16:01:42 +0000
Police ‘not responsible’ for High Wycombe and Aylesbury men’s deaths in Wendover Bypass crash
A fatal crash that saw two men die on an icy Bucks road following “ineffective” police assistance was not the fault of officers, a court has ruled.original article
Tue, 25 Jan 2022 14:44:14 +0000
Man has e-scooter seized in Flackwell Heath
Police stopped a man and seized his e-scooter after he ignored various warnings.original article
Tue, 25 Jan 2022 13:42:13 +0000
Veteran actor best known for Doctor Who appearances passes away
A veteran actor best known for a role in Doctor Who has sadly passed away aged 86 after battling illness.original article
Tue, 25 Jan 2022 11:59:25 +0000
New Starbucks to open in High Wycombe this week
A NEW coffeeshop will open tomorrow right next to a supermarket and new bakery.original article
Tue, 25 Jan 2022 10:28:59 +0000
Wycombe identify fan who pushed Oxford United player
WYCOMBE Wanderers have identified the man who shoved Oxford United winger Gavin Whyte at Adams Park.original article
Tue, 25 Jan 2022 17:07:56 +0000
Wycombe car thief gets jail and FIVE YEAR driving ban
A High Wycombe car thief has been jailed and banned from driving for five years.original article
Tue, 25 Jan 2022 15:32:33 +0000
Man charged in connection with supply of cocaine and cannabis
A man has been charged in connection with the supply of cocaine and cannabis in Bucks.original article
Tue, 25 Jan 2022 12:33:26 +0000
Former church warden Benjamin Field who murdered Bucks lecturer set for appeal
A former church warden who was jailed for life for murdering a vulnerable university lecturer from Bucks is set for an appeal.original article
Tue, 25 Jan 2022 13:56:55 +0000
Reading attempted murder: Police hunt for two men after stabbing in Whitley
POLICE are hunting for two men after a woman in her 30s was stabbed and had a substance thrown at her.original article
Tue, 25 Jan 2022 15:42:20 +0000
Prime Minister Boris Johnson visits hospital in Milton Keynes
The Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, has recently visited a coronavirus vaccination training hub at Milton Keynes University Hospital.original article
Tue, 25 Jan 2022 14:35:03 +0000
Car will be recovered 'in due course' in Loudwater
A car that was involved in an accident during morning rush hour will be ‘recovered in due course.’original article
Tue, 25 Jan 2022 13:10:03 +0000
'Inappropriate chant' heard during Morecambe vs Wycombe
Morecambe FC have released a statement condemning an ‘inappropriate chant’ that was sung in their game against Wycombe Wanderers on January 22.original article
Tue, 25 Jan 2022 15:28:38 +0000
The two Buckinghamshire gastropubs named best in the UK - the full list
Buckinghamshire has made the list of the top gastropubs in the country - not just once but twice! See who made the list.original article
Mon, 24 Jan 2022 17:56:51 +0000
We asked High Wycombe shoppers if Boris Johnson should resign
Boris Johnson is currently facing mounting pressure to resign following reports of parties at Downing Street during the height of lockdown.original article
Mon, 24 Jan 2022 15:57:16 +0000
Truckers dumping human waste at Milton Keynes lorry parks
BETTER services for truckers are needed as ‘bottles of urine and bags of human waste’ are being left at popular parking spots, it has been claimed.original article
Mon, 24 Jan 2022 13:44:29 +0000
Kent woman arrested in connection with Milton Keynes anti-vaccination protest
A third man has been arrested in connection with a Bucks anti-vaccine protest where a coronavirus testing centre was stormed.original article
Mon, 24 Jan 2022 11:45:03 +0000
Tributes paid to devoted South Bucks resident campaigner
Tributes have been paid to a dedicated South Bucks resident campaigner and champion of tenants' rights who has died following a period of ill health.original article
Mon, 24 Jan 2022 08:20:22 +0000
Flackwell Heath FC enjoy Non League crowd boost for charity
It was a day to remember for Flackwell Heath FC, as their charity-focused league match against Arlesey Town on January 22 turned out to be a resounding success.original article
Mon, 24 Jan 2022 05:00:00 +0000
In the dock: Weekly round-up of hearings at Wycombe Magistrates' Court - January 12 - 14
Weekly round-up of hearings at Wycombe Magistrates’ Court:original article
Sun, 23 Jan 2022 18:24:34 +0000
'Satanic ritual abuse' protesters gather at Waddesdon Manor
Activists apparently protesting against "satanic ritual abuse" descended upon Waddesdon Manor this afternoon.original article
Sun, 23 Jan 2022 14:25:30 +0000
'As bad as feared': Campaigners slam plans for 800 homes in 'beautiful' Gomm Valley
“This is as bad as feared” – that’s how campaigners have reacted to fresh plans by Taylor Wimpey to build up to 800 homes on the “beautiful” Gomm Valley.original article
Sun, 23 Jan 2022 15:00:35 +0000
Devastation as 'universally-loved' therapy dog who helped thousands of schoolchildren dies
Pupils and staff at schools across Bucks are mourning the loss of a "universally-loved" therapy dog.original article
Sun, 23 Jan 2022 12:17:18 +0000
West Wycombe School celebrates reaching milestone of 100 pupils
West Wycombe School has marked a momentous occasion this month - reaching 100 pupils.original article
Sun, 23 Jan 2022 12:21:18 +0000
More memories of Lucian Brett Ercolani
This week we return to the reminiscences of Brian Wratten, who for 34 years was chauffeur to Lucian Brett Ercolani.original article
Sun, 23 Jan 2022 17:41:35 +0000
Amir Shafique murder: Family and friends pay tribute
The devastated friends and family of a man stabbed to death in Aylesbury have told how his murder is something they will "never recover from".original article
Sun, 23 Jan 2022 18:31:41 +0000
Pinewood, Aldi and the BBC among employers set to join huge Bucks job fair
The first Buckinghamshire Council Jobs and Apprenticeships Fair will take place on Saturday, March 5.original article
Sat, 22 Jan 2022 14:36:49 +0000
Country Supplies reveals plans for lorry park after Hughenden residents complain HGVs are making their lives a 'misery'
A company at the centre of a feud with residents who say their lives have been made a “living misery” by queuing lorries has put forward plans for a new HGV parking area to try and stop the problems.original article
Sat, 22 Jan 2022 13:13:44 +0000
Bob Kin: Tributes to councillor and Wycombe Food Hub director
Tributes have been paid to a "kind and selfless" parish councillor and charity worker who died after suffering a stroke while returning from the food hub he dedicated so much of his time to.original article
Sat, 22 Jan 2022 11:41:15 +0000
Best places to live in Buckinghamshire
It sounds like the house market has kicked off the new year in overdrive.original article
Sat, 22 Jan 2022 05:00:00 +0000
Bledlow Ridge: Tudor Stud Farm development plans
An equestrian centre development, a kerb alteration, and some extensions are just some of the many applications submitted to Bucks Council in the last week.original article
Sat, 22 Jan 2022 13:56:35 +0000
Amir Shafique: Video of killers shows dancing in prison cell
They were jailed for years at a hearing yesterdayoriginal article
Last updated by System Admin on 27th August, 2018