A rapist ‘bully’ who subjected a woman to a terrifying assault was warned he potentially faces a life sentence.

Gordon Luetchford, of West Wycombe Road in High Wycombe, molested his victim at her Oxfordshire home then threatened to bury her body where it would never be found.

The 54-year-old had denied all allegations against him, but was found guilty of five charges – including rape, sexual assault and making a threat to kill. He was acquitted of three other charges of rape.

Judge Nigel Daly remanded him into custody and ordered pre-sentence and psychiatric reports. He told the jury: “I have got to look at whether or not he can be regarded as dangerous.” That could either result in a life or extended sentence, he added.

Tracy Ayling QC asked the judge to bail her client until the sentencing hearing on August 5. His 90-year-old mother was suffering from cancer, she said. “At the time he last went into prison he couldn’t see her. She couldn’t visit; because of her age she has no photographic ID.

“He won’t see her once he goes into custody. He may not even be able to attend her funeral. That depends entirely on the prison service.”

The barrister added that her client had various ailments, including COPD and emphysema, and had previously struggled to get his medication when in prison.

“He’s come with a bag every day this week, so he knows what is happening. He’s been entirely realistic,” she added.

During the trial, jurors heard how Luetchford subjected his victim to a terrifying assault after he became angry about messages from a support worker he had found on her phone.

He struck her on the head with a pillow, verbally abused her and sexually assaulted her, prosecutor Charles Ward-Jackson said.

The woman claimed Luetchford then threatened to kill her if she went to the police, saying he would bury her body where it would never be found.

Mr Ward-Jackson said: “That was, in a sense, his parting shot: ‘I realise I’ve abused you, don’t tell the police or else’ was really what he was saying.”

The prosecutor described Luetchford as short-tempered and bullying.

Luetchford denied all wrongdoing. He was found guilty of rape, sexual assault, making a threat to kill and controlling behaviour. The jury acquitted him of three other counts of rape.

Judge Daly remanded him in custody to be sentenced on August 5.