A Bucks man who broke a woman’s jaw and burst her eardrum has been locked up for seven years.

Ahmed Abdul-Rahman, 33, has been found guilty of two counts of grievous bodily harm without intent, two counts of actual bodily harm and one count of controlling or coercive behaviour.

Appearing for sentence at Aylesbury Crown Court yesterday (Thursday), the court heard how Abdul-Rahman, of Granby Court in Milton Keynes, seriously attacked a woman on two separate occasions.

The first attack took place between November 1, 2017 and December 15, 2017, and resulted in a fracture to the victim’s jaw.

READ MORE: Asbestos caused death of Bucks man who worked in Aylesbury factory for 40 years

The second serious attack took place more recently, between July 20, 2020 and August 1, 2020.

The court heard how Abdul-Rahman was also guilty of two lesser attacks on his victim, classed as actual bodily harm.

The first of these incidents took place between June 20, 2018 and July 20, 2018, and left his victim with a perforated ear drum.

The second charge of actual bodily harm took place on November 12, 2018.

READ MORE: Man who allegedly breached a non-molestation order fails to turn up in court

Abdul-Rahman was also found to have acted in a controlling or coercive way towards his victim between January 2017 and August 2020, causing her to fear on at least two occasions that violence would be used against her.

Sentencing, Judge John Caudle gave Abdul-Rahman four years for the first count of GBH and two years for the second, as well as a further year for controlling and coercive behaviour.

The defendant was also sentence to two years and one year for the two ABH charges, which will run concurrently with the rest of his sentence.

As well as spending seven years behind bars, Abdul-Rahman was also issued with a restraining order.

  • Women’s Aid run a Live Chat service between 10am-4pm weekdays, and 10am-12pm on weekends, along with other online services and the UK Domestic Abuse Directory  www.womensaid.org.uk