A murder investigation has been launched after two men were allegedly attacked in Aylesbury - and one of them died in hospital.

At around 9.30pm on Wednesday, October 28, police were called to Lembrook Walk, near the Edinburgh Playing Fields, following reports that two men had been reportedly assaulted.

READ MORE: Man arrested for alleged child sex offences released under police investigation

A man in his 20s was taken to hospital with serious injuries but has since died.

His next of kin have been informed and they are being supported by officers.

A second man, who is also in his 20s, has also been taken to hospital, but his injuries are not believed to be life-threatening or life-changing.

Senior Investigating Officer Detective, Superintendent Ailsa Kent of the Major Crime Unit, said: “We have launched a murder investigation following the death of a man, our thoughts remain with his family at this very difficult time.

“We are in the very early stages of investigating this incident but we are carrying out a thorough investigation and following a number of lines of enquiry.

“Three men have been arrested in connection with this incident and they remain in police custody at this time.

“We are appealing for anyone who may have witnessed the assault of these two men or any suspicious activity in the Lembrook Walk area of Aylesbury before 9.30pm on Wednesday to please come forward with any information they have.

“Additionally if anyone has CCTV in the Lembrook Walk area, we ask them to please check it and if they feel it shows something that they feel could assist in our investigation we would ask them to please get in touch.

READ MORE: 'Arson suspected' as fire is spotted near the centre of Aylesbury

“Anyone with information should call 101 quoting reference 2074 of 28/10/20, or if you wish to report 100 per cent anonymously you can do so by calling the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

“Members of the public will see an increased police presence whilst we continue to investigate and we have scene watches in place.

“We would like to thank the public for their patience whilst we continue to investigate this incident.

“If anyone has any concerns or has information we would also advise them to speak to one of our uniformed officers.”